2019 NYS Women's Amateur &
Host: Lancaster Country Club (Lancaster, NY)
Dates: July 9-11, 2019
Entry Fee: $100
Deadline: Friday, June 21st at 5:00pm
54 holes of individual stroke play.
There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 50% of the field in each division and anyone within 10 strokes of the lead.
The entry fee is $100. This includes all practice and competitive rounds, range, lunches, tee gift and awards.
This championship is open to female amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
- Membership: Be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either (1) belonging to an NYSGA member club or (2) joining the NYSGA as an 2019 NYSGA eClub member. Note, to be eligible to compete as an NYSGA eClub member, entrants must also be a NYS resident.
- Age (Amateur): There are no age restrictions for the Amateur Division.
- Age (Mid-Amateur): To compete in the Mid-Amateur Division, a player must be at least 25 years old as of July 9, 2019.
- Handicap: Have an USGA Handicap Index (no limit) issued by the NYSGA member club.
Players will compete in one of the two championships being conducted concurrently at Lancaster CC:
- 90th NYS Women's Amateur Championship
- 11th NYS Women's Mid-Amateur Championship
June 21, 2019 at 5:00pm. Late entries will not be accepted.
The entry fee will be refunded if a player withdraws prior to the close of entries, less a $10 service fee.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Listed below is the tentative schedule of events for this year’s championship at Lancaster. Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Any changes will necessitate an email to the field with an update.
Monday, July 8 // Registration and Practice Rounds
Tuesday, July 9 // Round 1
Wednesday, July 10 // Round 2
Thursday, July 11 // Round 3
A complimentary practice round is available on July 8, 20198. Players will be able to schedule a tee time through the NYSGA. Instructions to register will be emailed to players shortly after the entry deadline. Do not contact the host club to schedule a tee time.
A complimentary lunch is provide to players after each championship round.
The cart policy for this championship has been established by the committee as follows:
- 90th NYS Women's Amateur Championship: The use of carts is prohibited for all championship rounds. A player may use a cart during a practice round.
- 11th NYS Women's Mid-Amateur Championship: The use of carts is approved. The cart fee is $20 and is payable to the Lancaster pro shop.
The use of pull carts, whether manual or electric, is approved for both championships.
During Championship rounds, a volunteer from each grouping (either a player or caddie) will enter hole-by-hole scores into the USGA's Tournament Management (Golf Genius) app, available on Android and Apple App Stores. If there is no volunteer, the starter will randomly assign a player to this role. Participation in live scoring is mandatory.
The use of a caddie is permitted in this championship.
Trophies are awarded to the winner and runner-up in both championships.